lunes, 15 de noviembre de 2010

Feminist Philosophies

In this subtitle, the author explains a movement that continue nowadays, the FEMINISM.
It started in 1789 when Olympe de Gouges published a "Declaration of the Rights of Woman".
Margaret Fuller, argued that individuals had unlimited capacities.
Charlotte Perkins, charaterized home as inefficient compared with the mass-production techniques of the modern factory.
In politics, many feminists believed that a cooperative society based on socialist economic principles, would respect the rights of women. In 1892, the Socialist Labor Party, was the first mational political party that include woman suffrage as a plank in its platform.
"New Woman" was a popular term during the 20th century, this because there were more young women that live alone, work alone, and went to school by themselves.
Feminism continue nowadays and is changing a little, but in the past, some people thought that Feminism was the excuse to "end with Family".
 
At the begining of this subtitle, I was like tyred to read about this topic, I knew that feminism was the fight between women rights and men rights, and the objective was to show the world that woman are better than men; and sometimes is like that.
I am not totally agree with feminism, yes! I accept the idea of fight four our rights, but I do not accpet the idea to being a man.
Some women want to be like men, I think so, because they want the same treat as men have. I think this because now, we have the rights to be like the way we want, we decide if we work, if we stay at home, if we live alone, if we get or not married, if we want to do not have any kind of relationship...and all the stuffs like that. It doe not means, that if I decide to stay at home with my family, my husband is a bad guy that do not lend me do anything or the things that we have...obviously, it depends a lot of wiht what type of man you get married, and is in that moment, when women have to be very carefully to choose their couple.
I do not know if you understand my idea or not, it is just that sometimes, women want to be men, just because they do not want to understand, that men can do many jobs better as we do.
 

3 comentarios:

  1. I think that woman has the liberty of doing whatever they want to do, but this can take to xtreeme feminism...

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I think women should have the right to express themselves in every way in every time they want only if they don't cross the line of respect.

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I think that feminism is good if it's not too extreme; it's fine have this idiology but with the idea of women and men at the same level and nor woment being better than men

    ResponderEliminar