domingo, 21 de noviembre de 2010

Be going to VS will



FUTURE PLANS

"Be going to + infinitive" is used to express future actions that are planned.
  • She is GOING TO play with me.
  • He is GOING TO travel around the world.
  • I am GOING TO fall in love!
"Will", is used when we make a decision in the moment without a previous plan.
  • I WILL kiss him.
  • We WILL take french classes.
  • You WILL enjoy your vacation.
PREDICTIONS

"Be going to + infinitive" is used too, to make predictions when we have an idea to do it.
  • I have grown up, so I am going to participate in Mexico's Top Model.
  • He did not clean his room. He is not going to go with us to the cinema.
  • Here is very cold. She thinks, she is going to put a sweater on.
"Will" is used too, to make predictions, but without an idea to do it, this predictions, are the result of the speaker opinion.
  • Bring her a flower. She will love that detail.
  • We will be happy next year in France.
  • They think Mexico will lose.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario