It was in 1920 when women had the right to vote, but their roles in politic were minimal. But they started to fight and they were some famous women in polotic, like:
- Geraldine Ferraro (vice-president of New York)
- Janette Rankin Montana (irst woman member of the USA Housa of Representatives)
- Sirley Chisholm (the first woman black elected to the House of Representatives)
- Hattie Caraway (First woman leceted to the United States Senate)
- among others.
But, in 1970, three women held their countries' highest elective offices. Sirimavo Bandaranaike was prime minister of Ceylon (now Sri Lanka), Indira Gandhi was prime minister of India and Golda Meir was prime minister of Israel.
All the information of Women in Politics, was about facts where women highlights in the world with politics.
I do not like a lot politics, but, what I know, is that sometimes, here in Mexico, politics do not accpet women because it predominates the same thought "women have to be at home", "women can't govern a countrie", etc., and that is the reason why I am surprised. Now, I admire more women, I knew that it was not easy for her, but their strong make me feel stronger to fight and fulfill my goals in life.
No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario